Water Damage Statistics
We’ve been talking a lot about frozen pipes lately, but with the harsh cold it is something homeowners need to be aware of and actively checking. If you’re in the mentality of “frozen pipes aren’t going to happen to me” we want to inform you that it happens to more people than you think. Not only is it more common than you think, it is also more expensive. Depending on the extent of the leak and how long it takes to find it, a broken pipe can cost you thousands of dollars in damages.
Here are just a few water damage statistics and the effects of a burst pipe on your home:
- Water damage is the second-most filed claim in the United States
- 37% of homeowners have claimed water damage through their insurance company
- 250 gallons of water leak from a 1/8-inch crack in a pipe daily
- 93% of water damage is preventable had the right precautions been taken
- The average residential insurance claim for damage from a broken pipe is over $10,000
- Mold starts to grow within 24 hours of standing water, increasing the damage to your home.
It’s important to also know what your insurance policy will all cover. Most homeowners insurance policies don’t cover flood damage. But if your water damage is the result of a burst pipe or other source within your home, it will likely be covered. Be sure to review your policy before something happens. That way you can be prepared and will know your options when disaster strikes.
When you work with ARC Contracting, you don’t have to deal with insurance agents and the stress of the claims process. We deal with water damage all of the time so we know what your insurance agent needs and expects. Who better to trust that you’re getting the insurance support that you deserve than ARC Contracting? We are on-call 24/7 for emergency water removal services. Contact ARC Contracting for your water removal needs needs throughout Wisconsin.